Test and Trace require us to have a deep-clean done before reopening and we had arranged for a specialist company do this on Tuesday morning. Unfortunately they have now told us the soonest that they can do this is Wednesday. We have made the decision to delay opening until Thursday.
We understand this is frustrating and we are doing our best to make sure when we re open it is safely. We hope you understand.
Due to the positive result last Saturday and our small team here at The Cross Keys, we are taking extra care to follow procedures. All our staff that came in contact with the person with positive result are isolating and taking a test everyday this is for 10 days (isolation period).
Unfortunately this mean we will be closed the weekend and hoping to reopen Tuesday 8th June.
Once again we would like to thank you all for your kind words, patience and support it means a lot to us.
As part of the procedures we follow to manage Covid-19 all our staff take regular lateral flow tests. Unfortunately one of our junior kitchen staff tested positive this morning. We have contacted NHS Test and Trace and will be closing the pub until the staff member has taken a PCR test which will give a much more reliable result. All other staff members and volunteers will also be taking tests. We are very sorry about the inconvenience this will cause and are contacting all customers who have bookings at the pub. When we have more information we will update you and will reopen and welcome you back to the pub as soon as we can do so safely.