Sous chef/chef de partie
An exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen at The Cross Keys, an attractive 17th century community owned pub located in the centre of the historic Suffolk village of Redgrave.
Being a community owned pub, we strive to provide a relaxed and friendly environment for customers, volunteers and staff.
We are seeking a talented Sous Chef/Chef de Partie.
The restaurant serves delicious home-made food sourced from quality local suppliers and features regular themed nights.
You will be working alongside the Head Chef and being a community pub, you will also be working closely with a number of dedicated volunteers.
– Assist the head chef in the day to day running of the kitchen
– Deputise for the head chef in their absence
– Help to design new menus
– Ensure all legislation is complied with
– Mentor junior members of staff
– Develop good working relationships with suppliers, customers, staff and volunteers
Qualifications and experience
– Must have excellent culinary and presentation skills
– Have a minimum of 2 years experience working in a fresh food environment
– Have a NVQ2 in professional cookery or equivalent and level 2 food hygiene certificate
– Have good organisation and communication skills
– Have a passion for local produce
– Work well as part of a small team
– Be able to work, evenings, weekends and bank holidays
– Go the extra mile to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
– MUST HAVE OWN TRANSPORT DUE TO RURAL LOCATION AND NO LIVE IN
This is a full time, permanent position, and you will be expected to work evenings and weekends. Salary will be competitive.
For more information contact email@example.com
We are a Community Pub with many opportunities for volunteers. Volunteers do not just work behind the bar or in the restaurant. These are some of the many other jobs that our volunteers help with:
- Book Keeping
- Line Cleaning
- Stove Cleaning
Full training given. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org